Friday, November 18, 2011

2nd Day for Change Myself/Change The World Journey

First Day ended:

I got on the scales this morning and relaized I lost 10 pounds, but then I woke up and realized it was a dream! I thought 'Hey, I can actually do this"!  I sat down to strategize on the best diet plans, workout plans, and guides to follow. After much research, I began to realize why most diets fail.
  1. Most diets fail because people set unrealistic goals with their diet or workout regimen. I set a goal to lose at least 5 pounds each week. Just by watching my diet alone, I should be able to accomplish that. I set a 30 minute cardio and 20 minute weights, resistant bands and yoga format. That is a great place to start.
  2. While researching the diets, I noticed a lot of advice that many people just are not going to stick to because the meal plans are to restrictive or not catered to an individual. I found a great free site at http://www.naturalhealthyellowpages.com/metabolic/self_test.html which enables you to a free online metabolic profile. There is a questionnaire to answer and based on your truthful answers it will determine if you need a Carb Diet, a Protein Diet, or a mixture of both. It will show you the right portions for your plate; and recommend the right foods for you to eat a healthy balanced weight loss meal. In the south, we cut down on sodium by using more spices or low sodium Tony Catchere seasoning. That should be a great start to my weight loss plan.
  3. I spent the day making connections and researching companies for sponsorship. This weeknd I hope to have our holiday marketing plan kicked off. Youtube or VEVO videos are great for promotions as well. Professional sites such as LinkedIn, are a great way to connect with others in your field, but do not spam them.
Well, that is all the damage I could do for one day so Peace Out until tomorrow.
Connie

December 11, 2011

Sorry for the late post, as I have been fighting a severe case of strep throat since Thanksgiving, which only seems to be gettig worse, despite the second round of antibiotics.

I did manage to lose 4 more pounds, but that is from the pain in my throat and not good eating habits. But hey, we will always get better! It does not matter how many times you fail, as long as you keep trying- you will eventually get it right.

I did manage to promote the INXPO launching Jan.11. We are still looking for sponsors for this very important event.

My stepfather passed from pneumonia last week. He suffered from alzheimers. Keep us in your prayers please.

Going down for the heating pad. See ya' next week!

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment